Monday, September 28, 2009

written for my daddy and mommy

I read an article from a newspaper,
entitled “和爸爸牵手”

While I read through this article
my memory started to flash back
I seemed to see myself in the story

Years ago, while I was still a little girl
I used to hold my dad's little finger
Wherever I go, as long as my dad is there,
I will surely hold his little finger

And now, I no longer do the same
As time flies, things changed as well
Through the years
my dad has been trying his best to earn money
for he is the sole breadwinner of the family

He sacrifices himself
by staying far away from us
not able to see us so often
not able to go through life together
just to make sure we have shelter, food and education

I still remember very clearly
there's one night
my dad was to travel back to Singapore
and I see my mom crying
I wondered why
but now I understood

Not only my dad has to sacrifice
my mom did the same
not having a husband by her side
no one to share with when she feels down
how hard it will be
to take care of the family
to be the father and mother at the same time

Dearest dad and mom,
I will never forget what both of you have done for us
how you gave your best for us
and the best ever gift is to bring us to Jesus
and our lives will not be the same anymore

Daddy and mommy,
Wish both of you joyful always
Wish both of you a blessed life
an abundant life
Love you daddy and mommy.



3 comments:

  1. hi shee yen,

    sometimes a person got to do things alone. but part of being at that time is, that person will appreciate the time when he/she are surrounded by friends and family.

    unconditional actions are rare but i guess people are still looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on Yinkoon's blog. This poem is a beautiful testimony to parents. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear sis,

    Hope Kuantan is now following your blog.
    We would like to be in your bloglist.
    Thanks.
    Our blog is http://hopekuantan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete